wind: 2km/h NW
H 18 • L 18
Latest National News
- Modi a "property dealer" for Ambani, Adani and Tatas: Kejriwal
[9 Mar 14, 1:09am] Launching attack against Narendra Modi on his home turf, AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal called the BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate a "property dealer for corporates like Ambani, Adani and Tatas".
- Kapil Sibal flays Kejriwal for flying by chartered plane
[9 Mar 14, 1:04am] Aam Aadmi Party Chief Arvind Kejriwal, who always claimed to be against VIP culture, has now created flutter by travelling in a chartered aircraft of corporates from pink city Jaipur to New Delhi for an event.
- Ram Jethmalani defends decision to release Rajiv Gandhi`s assassins
[9 Mar 14, 1:02am] Advocate Ram Jethmalani, on Saturday defended the decision of the Tamil Nadu Government to release the assassins of Rajiv Gandhi.
- Seniors within BJP not happy with Modi, claims Khurshid
[9 Mar 14, 12:56am] Launching fresh attack on Narendra Modi, Salman Khurshid said how can Gujarat CM keep people of country satisfied when his seniors in the party are not satisfied and "making comments against him".
- Commander Wadhwa cremated with full military honours
[9 Mar 14, 12:55am] Commander Kuntal Wadhwa, Indian Navy officer who died after inhaling carbon dioxide during tests onboard under-construction warship INS Kolkata, was cremated with full military honours here.
- Assam says Demwe project will affect park
[8 Mar 14, 7:26pm] The controversial 1,750MW Demwe mega-dam project in Arunachal Pradesh could be in for more trouble with the Assam government stating that the project needed clearance from the State wildlife autho...
- Parties must take permission to hold functions: CEO
[8 Mar 14, 7:24pm] Officials warned against being "over friendly" with parties
- Actors tweet to women’s well-being
[8 Mar 14, 7:10pm] On International Women’s Day, Bollywood stars lauded the constant sacrifices women make every day and wished them empowerment. Celebrities like Shah Rukh Khan, Shabana Azmi, Abhishek Bachchan, Bip...
- Laws alone can’t come to women’s rescue: Pranab
[8 Mar 14, 6:59pm] Calls for serious investigation and prompt justice
- ‘Claim flawed, Australian gallery is keeping stolen idol’
[8 Mar 14, 6:58pm] The Tamil Nadu police have rubbished the National Gallery of Australia’s claim that the 1000-year-old Nataraja idol in its possession is not a stolen one. The NGA has refused to return the idol fo...
- Modi govt rejects Arvind Kejriwal's allegations
[8 Mar 14, 7:27pm] Chief minister Narendra Modi's Gujarat government rejected Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Arvind Kejriwal's allegations and called them political.
- Gujarat BJP lodges complaint against Arvind Kejriwal
[8 Mar 14, 7:24pm] "On March 6, 2014 Mr Kejriwal held a public meeting in Gandhidham and while addressing the said public meeting Mr Kejriwal used unparliamentarily language.
- Arvind Kejriwal visits Gandhi Ashram
[8 Mar 14, 7:21pm] Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) chief Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday visited the Sabarmati Ashram that was established by Mahatma Gandhi.Afterwards he met his party workers and people from different walks of life.
- One killed, three injured in yet another naval accident
[8 Mar 14, 7:20pm] One worker was killed and three others seriously injured in an accident at the Ship Building Center at the Eastern Naval Command in Visakhapatnam yesterday.
- 'Greedy' Jagdambika Pal's exit will help Congress: Salman Khurshid
[8 Mar 14, 6:59pm] Salman Khurshid, is a sitting MP from Farrukhabad while Jagdambika Pal, an MP from Dumariyaganj, who resigned from the Congress as well as from Lok Sabha on Friday.
Latest Bussiness News
- Flipkart Indias reply to Amazon sees 1 bn sales
[8 Mar 14, 5:35pm] Flipkart Indias answer to US online giant Amazon said Saturday its sales would cross the milestone 1 billionmark this year ahead of schedule in the countrys exploding ecommerce market
- Rent your home out but in the right way
[7 Mar 14, 6:48pm] If you want to give your house on rent dont forget that rental income is taxable and the tax treatment will depend on how you rent out as a fully furnished apartment a paying guest accommodation a corporate guest house a service apartment or others …
- LML to launch 5 new scooters over next year
[7 Mar 14, 6:45pm] Back in the 1980s LML Vespa was the face of the upwardly mobile in the country and boasted of long waiting periods that would run into months A decadeandahalf later and now without the backing of Vespa LML is trying to make a comeback …
- Its not very safe to fly around in India
[7 Mar 14, 6:32pm] On January 5 this year an Air India flight from Guwahati to Delhi with over 100 passengers on board was diverted to Jaipur due to blinding fog in the Capital The aircraft made a rough landing in Jaipur with sparks flying from one of its wings …
- Coke launches new price war on Pepsi
[7 Mar 14, 6:29pm] Cola companies are turning the heatnbsp up this summer and in line with the election mood and a parallel cricket festival in IPL setting up strong contests ahead
- How the First Crimean War triggered revolt of 1857 in India
[8 Mar 14, 7:13pm] How the First Crimean War triggered revolt of 1857 in IndiaFor the Russians India was a rich, warm target far more tempting than the bleak and chilly interiors of Asia that lay between them.
- Modi a "property dealer" for Ambani, Adani and Tatas: Kejriwal
[8 Mar 14, 5:32pm] Modi a "property dealer" for Ambani, Adani and Tatas: Kejriwal Addressing his maiden rally in Gujarat, Kejriwal said the Gujarat CM denied him appointment yesterday because he was "afraid" of facing him.
- Kejriwal a maverick, Modi well advised not to meet him: BJP
[8 Mar 14, 5:07pm] Ignoring a "maverick" is a safer option as it saves you from a "gatecrasher's bizzare agenda", BJP said as it sought to justify Modi denying an an audience to Arvind Kejriwal.
- Shinde is pride of people, says Sharad Pawar
[8 Mar 14, 4:40pm] Sharad Pawar appealed to party workers to ensure victory of Union Home Minister Shinde from Solapur seat in upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
- Varanasi controversy echoes in BJP CEC meeting
[8 Mar 14, 4:38pm] The reported controversy over who will contest from Varanasi Lok Sabha constituency today found its echo at the meeting of BJP's Central Election Committee meeting.
- Weekly roundup: Sensex, Nifty scale new peaks
[8 Mar 14, 10:54am] The benchmark indices - S&P BSE Sensex and the CNX Nifty - were in a record-breaking spree. The former hovered near the key milestone of 22,000-mark, while the latter breached the historic landmark of 6,500 this week.
- SBI mulls selling bad assets to ARCs in Jan-Mar quarter
[8 Mar 14, 9:17am] NPA reduction is a major focus of the bank, she said but declined set a target where the bank aims to bring it down by way of recovery, restructuring or hiving it off to ARCs.
- Cinepolis sets aggressive expansion targets in India
[8 Mar 14, 8:48am] Cinepolis is world's fourth largest cinema exhibition company, which has been in India since 2007, with 84 operational screens. It wants to raise the number to 400 by 2017.
- Forex reserves rise $954.6 mn to $294.3 bn
[8 Mar 14, 7:44am] Foreign currency assets (FCAs), a major part of the overall reserves, increased by $33.6 million to $266.90 billion for the week ended February 28.
- RBI raises FII purchase limit in Manappuram Finance
[8 Mar 14, 6:57am] The RBI decision comes after Manappuram Board passed a resolution to enhance the limit for purchase of its equity shares and convertible debentures by FIIs.
Latest Technology News
- Micromax Canvas Knight: Benchmarks and performance comparison
[7 Mar 14, 1:00pm] Micromax announced the Canvas Knight just a few days back and as we know the smartphone runs on a MediaTek Tru Octa-Core MT6592T processor clocked at 2GHz and comes with ARM Mali450 GPU. It has 2GB of RAM, a 5-inch FHD IPS display, a 16MP rear came…
- 10 must-have free entertainment apps for Android phones and tablets
[7 Mar 14, 12:22pm] So, you have recently purchased a new android smart phone? Congratulations. The android market has a host of free applications that guarantee to keep you glued to your device for hours.Users generally download a lot of free applications in haste , o…
- Wello â€“ a Mobile Health Tracker launched by Azoi
[7 Mar 14, 10:34am] Azoi Inc, a US based technology company launched Wello - a mobile health tracker that is embedded within a mobile case, globally today. The device is basically an insert which goes into compatible mobile phone cases. It interacts with an app via Blue…
- Mobile game based on movie 'Gulaab Gang' launched
[7 Mar 14, 9:41am] Nazara Technologies has launched the ‘Gulaab Gang – The Game’ mobile game based on the movie Gulaab Gang, starring Madhuri Dikshit and Juhi Chawla. The game is available for free download on Google Play store.In the game, you play as Rajjo in…
- Nokia X gets stripped down to unveil hardware
[7 Mar 14, 9:20am] Some detailed images of the Nokia X Android smartphone have emerged online in which the handset has been torn down to give an overview of its internal hardware. We already know that the smartphone is not a high-end device and looking at the images we…
- AT&T offers price cut for 2GB 'Mobile Share Value' plans
[8 Mar 14, 7:00pm] (Credit: Josn Lowensohn/CNET) AT&T is cutting the price of its 2GB Mobile Share Value Plan. The company announced Saturday that starting tomorrow -- Sunday -- customers with one smartphone can sign on to the 2 gig plan for $65 a month, and cu…
- Assange: Critics got lucky because NSA had no PR strategy
[8 Mar 14, 6:06pm] WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, speaking by Skype at SXSW today. (Credit: Daniel Terdiman/CNET) AUSTIN, Tex.--National security reporters are a new kind of political refugee, but for the first time they've had a extremely powerful opponent…
- Architects need to start using their ears
[8 Mar 14, 3:36pm] Julian Treasure (Credit: JulianTreasure.com) Julian Treasure's TED Talk, "Why architects need to use their ears" struck a chord with me. Our noisy living and working environments create stress, precisely because architects routinely…
- Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 2030
[8 Mar 14, 12:01pm] Editor's Rating:
- Why Facebook went for basic over bold with News Feed (Q&A)
[8 Mar 14, 12:00pm] Facebook's new-new News Feed comes with bigger photos, but not much else. (Credit: Facebook) After a year of waiting, you're finally getting a new News Feed -- except that it's not at all like the one you were originally promised. T…
Latest Sports news
- Oscar Pistorius' neighbour testifies bangs heard too quick to sound like cricket bat
[8 Mar 14, 6:16pm] Prosecutor Gerrie Nel asked Oscar Pistorius' neighbour if bangs he heard after the woman's screams could have been Pistorius swinging a bat at the toilet cubicle door to get to a mortally wounded Steenkamp, but Stipp said the noises came…
- I-League: Sunil Chhetri stars in Bengaluru FC's 3-0 win over Churchill Brothers
[8 Mar 14, 6:11pm] The vociferous home crowd had plenty to cheer about, especially in the second session, when Ashley Westwood's Bengaluru FC turned on the heat to score through skipper Sunil Chhetri (56, 90) and Robin Singh (61) as Churchill Brothers went down ra…
- Mohammad Kaif to contest Lok Sabha polls on Congress ticket
[8 Mar 14, 5:58pm] Mohammad Kaif will contest from Phulpur, the constituency which produced India's first Prime Minister Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.
- Asia Cup 2014 stats: Sri Lanka only Test team to win all ODIs in 2014
[8 Mar 14, 5:51pm] With their five-wicket win over Pakistan in the 2014 Asia Cup final, Sri Lanka are now the only Test team to have won all their ODI matches (eight) in 2014.
- English Premier League: David Moyes on why he substituted Robin van Persie vs West Brom
[8 Mar 14, 5:28pm] After Manchester United striker Robin Van Persie was given a yellow card in their 3-0 away win over West Bromwich Albion in the English Premier League, manager David Moyes said he was unwilling to take a risk.
- Can domestic players turn Delhi around?
[8 Mar 14, 6:52pm] Players like Chand, Chipli, Gautham, Juneja, Ojha, Negi and Kaul all failed miserably in IPL 6. For IPL 7, the team decided to start with a clean slate.
- Angelo delighted to win after long while
[8 Mar 14, 5:16pm] Sri Lanka have not won a major title for a long while and Angelo Mathews on Saturday said that his side were happy to have broken the "barrier of finals".
- Barcelona title hopes hit by shock defeat
[8 Mar 14, 5:10pm] Barcelona's bid for a fifth La Liga title in 6 years suffered a surprise setback when the champions crashed to a 1-0 defeat at lowly Real Valladolid.
- Sri Lanka beat Pakistan to win Asia Cup
[8 Mar 14, 3:50pm] Lahiru Thirimanne's magnificent century and Mahela Jayawardene's superb 75 powered Sri Lanka to a five-wicket victory against Pakistan in the Asia Cup final.
- Utd give Moyes cheer with Baggies stroll
[8 Mar 14, 3:14pm] Goals from Phil Jones, Wayne Rooney and Danny Welbeck eased the pressure on manager David Moyes as Manchester United won 3-0 at West Brom.
Latest Entertainment news
- "I am madly in love with Karan too but we are not together right now"
[8 Mar 14, 6:30pm] Lisa, 28, is impulsive, emotional and adaptable. She is a concoction of many opposites. While she is crazy at times and wants to have a good time, she is also spiritual. She is an extrovert outside, but values her space at home.
- Sonakshi modelled her boxing avatar in 'Holiday' on Laila Ali
[8 Mar 14, 6:30pm] Sonakshi Sinha has been shown undertaking boxing lessons in Vipul Shah’s Holiday: A Soldier Is Never Off Duty, in which she plays Akshay Kumar’s love interest. We hear Sona has modelled her look in the ring on world heavyweight champion Muhammad…
- Filmmaker Mrunalinni Dayal balances diverse genres
[8 Mar 14, 6:30pm] Filmmaker Mrunalinni Dayal, who produced the Om Puri-Nandita Das starrer Kagaar (2003) — she forayed into direction with Dhuaan (2010) — is currently busy with two Marathi movies — Rakhandar and Kaay Raav Tumhi.
- Salman, Deepika at the top position in Times Celebex
[8 Mar 14, 6:30pm] The euphoria around Jai Ho gets Salman’s heroines Daisy Shah and Tabu a place in the top 20 n Times Celebex powered by zoOm! for January 2014
- Shakti Kapoor to debut in Gujarati film
[8 Mar 14, 6:30pm] In yet another case of rise of debuts in Gujarati films, actor Shakti Kapoor, according to sources, is making his Gujarati debut in a movie titled Padkar…The Challenge.
- Christian Bale and Wife Sibi Blazic Expecting Their Second Child!
[8 Mar 14, 6:48pm] Christian Bale may have lost the award for Best Actor at the 86th Annual Academy Awards, but luckily, the 40-year-old thesp has another milestone moment in store.The American Hustle star...
- Liam Neeson Turned Down James Bond Role Because Natasha Richardson Said She Wouldn't Marry Him If He Took the Part
[8 Mar 14, 6:07pm] Liam Neeson could have joined an elite group of actors, Sean Connery and Daniel Craig to name a few, who have portrayed the always dapper and iconic 007 agent James Bond. But the Northern Irish...
- Khloé Kardashian Flaunts Curves in Ripped Jean Shorts and Stiletto Boots--See Her Sexy Look!
[8 Mar 14, 5:52pm] Khloé Kardashian made sure those boots were made for walking.The 29-year-old flaunted her cleavage and curves in a super sexy look on Friday as she made her way to Rick Ross'...
- Pregnant Scarlett Johansson Will Be a "Wonderful" Mom, Says Pal Jon Favreau
[8 Mar 14, 5:23pm] Is there any doubt Scarlett Johansson is going to be one of the best moms ever?We certainly don't think so—and neither does Jon Favreau, Johansson's director and costar in...
- Is Heidi Klum the Most Famous Fashion Mess? These 7 Looks Say Yes!
[8 Mar 14, 5:00pm] It pains us to write this post. We've been fans of Heidi Klum since her early Victoria's Secret days. We've watched (almost) every single season Project Runway. We worship every...
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
[15 Jan 14, 9:03am] The Screen song filled the air. "Dhak dhak dil dil, dil dil dhak dhak" perfectly encapsulated the mood of the evening.
- Screen Awards 2014: SRK, Deepika, Shahid, Sonu enthralled the crowd
[15 Jan 14, 7:59am] Screen Awards 2014 had a host of performances from our B-town celebs like Deepika Padukone, Sonu Sood, Shahid Kapoor, etc.
- Screen Awards 2014: Bollywood stars and their Selfies
[15 Jan 14, 6:23am] We had fun with the Selfies Project and we're sure the stars did too. Be sure you check them out!
- The Bachchans arrive at Screen Awards 2014 sans Aishwarya, Aaradhya
[14 Jan 14, 5:04pm] Bollywood's first family – The Bachchan's – arrived in panache at the 20th Annual Life OK Screen Awards.
- Screen Awards 2014: Complete list of winners
[14 Jan 14, 2:14pm] Here are the awards given till now.
Latest World News
- Oil slicks linked to missing airliner
[8 Mar 14, 6:21pm] As oil slicks are flagged as possible traces of missing Malaysia Airlines jet, details emerge of two passengers listed aboard who were not, and who had reported their passports stolen.
- U.S. golden duo in World Cup triumphs
[8 Mar 14, 6:11pm] Ted Ligety and Mikaela Shiffrin continued to bask in the golden glow of Olympic triumph as the American pair recorded impressive World Cup victories Saturday in their specialist disciplines.
- Barcelona's title hopes jolted
[8 Mar 14, 6:10pm] Barcelona's faltering defense of the La Liga title plumbed a fresh low Saturday with a 1-0 defeat at relegation strugglers Valladolid -- the third in the last seven league games.
- Who was on board missing airliner?
[8 Mar 14, 5:14pm] The passengers and crew members on the Malaysia Airlines plane that went missing Friday hail from 14 countries, according to a manifest released by the airline.
- Tweetchat: 'Welcome to the era of women'
[8 Mar 14, 4:59pm]
- Scotland 17-19 France
[8 Mar 14, 7:33pm] Jean-Marc Doussain's late penalty condemns Scotland to defeat and keeps France in contention for the Six Nations title.
- VIDEO: Baby hippo born at Mexico City zoo
[8 Mar 14, 7:25pm] A baby hippo has been born at Mexico City's Chapultepec Zoo - the first in 16 years.
- Chelsea 4-0 Tottenham Hotspur
[8 Mar 14, 7:22pm] Chelsea move seven points clear at the top of the Premier League after sinking Tottenham with four second-half goals.
- 'Oil slick seen' in missing jet hunt
[8 Mar 14, 7:19pm] A Vietnamese plane spots possible oil slicks as the US joins Asian nations to search for a missing Malaysia Airlines jet carrying 239 people.
- Shots as Crimea observers stopped
[8 Mar 14, 6:47pm] Warning shots are fired as international observers are turned back from entering Crimea where pro-Russian forces have tightened their grip.